Continuing a stream after network interface switches

regstuff

My laptop is connected to both ethernet and a wifi. I have manually configured ethernet in Windows 10 to have a higher network priority, and so the PC and OBS connect through the ethernet when streaming begins. This is as expected.
The WiFi is a backup in case the ethernet goes down. What I notice is that when ethernet goes down, OBS output goes to 0 kbps as expected. But once the laptop shifts to WiFi within a few seconds, OBS seems to continue on the ethernet and the speed remains at zero. I have NOT manually done any network binding within OBS. It is set to default.
Is there anyway to get OBS to pick up streaming again once the laptop shifts to the WiFi?

koala

It is strange that your ethernet goes down while wifi doesn't. Usually, it is the other way round: ethernet is permanent and wifi is random.

You want OBS to pick "the other" interface if data flow through the first interface isn't working. Unfortunately, this kind of switch isn't possible.

To get OBS pick up the wifi interface instead of ethernet, the ethernet interface needs to be deactivated. A wifi interface is deactivated automatically, if the wifi signal is lost. An ethernet interface is deactivated automatically, if the ethernet cable on the PC is pulled out.
Usually, you don't pull out the cable, you go into the Windows settings of the Ethernet connection and deactivate manually. If you want to resume ethernet connection, activate manually.