Question / Help Constantly changing audio and video delay

L-cryptic

Hello,
I've got a problem with desinchronized video and audio in both gamepaly and my webcam.
As soon as I realised that this is the case I've run some test streams and got it work but on the very next stream it happened again.
Now even if the start of the stream is perfectly sychronised, after a while people say there is a delay.
Does anyone know solution for this problem?

Here is my log file from the last stream
https://pastebin.com/FAAFEzYB

Last edited:

Narcogen

• 13:38:33.397: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 10 (0.3%)
  • 13:38:33.397: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 5/3361 (0.1%)
Slight overload of both GPU (rendering) and CPU (encoding).

The above indicates you're just above the limits of what your hardware can manage, and that could potentially contribute to desynchronization.

GPU Overload Issues

General Performance and Encoding Issues

• 14:01:42.096: adding 21 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 170 milliseconds (source: Playstation)
Lines like the above usually indicate that the machine is having difficulty keeping up with the stream of data from a capture device. This can happen if the bus speed is insufficient (using a USB3 device in a port that's only USB2, for instance) or insufficient voltage, or too much traffic on a single bus (say, webcam, capture device, USB audio device all on the same bus controller).

L-cryptic

Thank you for your help
I'm currently trying to find the sweet spot between GPU/CPU usage and quality.
If it comes to the later part, I have a USB3 in my Imac and I doubt it is beacuse insufficient voltage. So too much traffic on a single bus could be the problem. Is there a way to prevent that?