Question / Help Constant OBS/Twitch Disconnects, Pls Help, Multiple attempts to fix have failed

lulusoccer

I’ve been having constant stream drops for about 2 months now. I’m posting here in hopes another avenue or possibility for a fix comes about. I’ll post everything I have done and tried over the last 2 months and I’ve honestly read probably every guide out there!

First of all about the drops: I’ll post the OBS Logs and the Traceroutes as well to the Twitch Ingest Servers I have used (All results are pretty much the same for this).

The drops happen it seems almost at random, but generally every stream. Some streams it’s only once, others it’s 3-4 and occasionally 6-7 per stream. In OBS the drops look like this: Upload k/b goes instantly down to 0, frames drop completely, CPU usage goes up to about 90% (From about 14 percent prior). Just as quickly as I drop, I’m reconnected to twitch, the auto reconnects in 5 seconds in OBS works like a charm and I’m back online. However, this does cause a complete drop from actual twitch (So viewers, hosts..ect. plus having to have people refresh). Nothing else in my internet on my PC drops. I have a PC only for streaming (I can post the stats of it at the bottom) as I game from a PS4 with a capture card. My music on PC streams seamlessly, I can still read twitch chat, my online game doesn’t drop either so it’s not a disconnect from my actual internet, just to twitch.

The OBS error code is this: (Log posted at bottom)
08:57:45.096: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (4097 bytes)
08:57:45.096: WriteN, RTMP send error 10053 (79 bytes)
08:57:45.096: WriteN, RTMP send error 10038 (42 bytes)

^^Every single time same exact error code, it does not change.

Things I have tried that have not fixed anything:

1.) Updated Ethernet driver as well as ALL my drivers on my PC

2.) DNS servers are set to google and open

3.) I run the Twitch Bandwith Test Program to look for the best server – Mine are Chicago, Virginia, and New York – Tried all 3 with no luck (They should have great connection)

4.) http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ < -- I use this program to run the traceroutes from my computer to the ingest server on twitch - I will post the logs down below but from looking at the information I have a constant 1% packet loss – twitch says this could cause the disconnects, ISP says unlikely.

5.) Bitrate – I’ve tried pretty much everything, 2k, 3k, 4k, 6k.. ect.. Doesn’t make a difference at all in the number of drops I have. My upload is consistent at 12mbps – doesn’t drop even when stream does. Everything is also wired on my network, I’m the only person using my network as well

6.) OBS – I generally do 720p 60fps. I’ve tried 720p at 30fps with no difference in the drops.

7.) I don’t have any extra firewalls, just windows basic. I did port forward the TCP 1935 but it did nothing so I switched it back.

8.) My MTU I set it for the exact number for my network using a guide.

9.) Flushed DNS servers

10.)I run the Twitch Inspector tool while streaming and I am constantly in the green, no dips or anything in my bitrate it’s a pretty consistent line. I’ve extensively worked with the twitch help guides and such and done everything recommended without any changes.

11.)I contacted twitch partner support and they gave me the program above to run, which I did, I gave them the results, they said to contact my ISP, which I did – see next.

12.)ISP contact (Comcast) and I did upgrade my internet – Took multiple phone calls, finally got a tech sent out. He has since been out 4 times. He changed all the connectors, placed me on an apartment connector with only 1 other apartment (Compared to the one I was on with 3). He ran tests on the modem and connections, showed me all the results – there is no noise, the up and downstreams are great. We tried switching the hardware for a weekend – I generally use my own modem and router, we tried a Comcast modem and router for a weekend with absolutely no change in results. My tech says he has no solution because on his end my internet is perfectly fine and there should be no cause for the drops.

13.)This is only in the last 2 months, prior to this I could stream 8-12 hr streams without disconnects or with only the occasional disconnect.

14.)My next steps to troubleshoot this were to Post on here to see for other suggestions and try Xsplit (currently using OBS Studios) just to see if the issue of disconnects is the same.

From what I can tell, it honestly seems like somewhere between the path from my computer to the twitch server it’s almost like a switch is pressed to turn it off and it goes right back on, it’s that quick, but just as frustrating. Thanks for listening, and also I’m sure I’ve tried other things that haven’t been listed, I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this for a long time now and am running out of ideas with no solutions! Thank You

Set Up:

Asus Z97-A Intel Core i7-4790K Processor
MSI GTX 970 Graphics Card
16gig ram
Magewell Pro Cap Duel HDMI Capture Card
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C922
My internet is Comcast with 90 down and 12 up consistently
Modem: Arris Surfboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0
Router: NETDUMA (No special geofilter settings..ect. applied)

Log Files Included: First that is the date is the OBS Log file of the particular drop today (But it's the same as all my other log files basically) - 2nd Log file is the IP trace route showing the small packet loss which shows

-Lulu
http://www.twitch.tv/lulusoccer

Attachments

• 2017-03-24 07-42-16.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IP Route NewYorkPacketLoss.TXT
    3.4 KB · Views: 44

Harold

3.) I run the Twitch Bandwith Test Program to look for the best server – Mine are Chicago, Virginia, and New York – Tried all 3 with no luck (They should have great connection)
screenshot of the results please.

lulusoccer

What I find the most interesting is that I switched to Xsplit and I have no disconnect issues so this leads me to think it's an issue with the OBS Software (I was using the most up to date version).

I would like to really continue using OBS if possible, anyone else having issues with only OBS but not Xsplit?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Please try a stream with the "new networking code" enabled (advanced settings). You can leave low latency off. The new network code has better error reporting, so if you still experience disconnects, please post another log. I've done extensive testing of the new code and successfully streamed a max length (48 hours) stream to Twitch.

Nahin

Well I FIXED.... FINALLY

After months trying in a luck shot i fixed it.

Tried 3 differents computers, spent hours annoying my ISP about the problem...

The only thing i didnt try until yesterday was my modem.

I start playing with its configuration and when i set it up to Bridge mode... Worked.

One of the most happiest moments of my life ahaha

I dont know what change between Bridge and non-Bridge modes but yeah, thats is it.

I just to make sure i reseted my modem like 3 times and tried... didnt work. Turned won the bridge mode... Worked.

Can someone explain what changes in bridge mode that made it works?

( my english is pretty bad so please, dont mind)

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
If you have a combo router/modem, turning on "Bridge Mode" will disable the router portion of the device and hook you directly up to the internet at the cost of no other internet devices being able to access that internet connection other than the one. If turning on Bridge Mode fixes the issue, then either there is something wrong with the router hardware, or there was another device on your network eating up all your bandwidth.

lulusoccer

I don't think Bridge mode is an option for me, as I have separate Modem / Routers =) BUT I'm sorry for the late response, I am changing the OBS settings tonight and will try with tomorrow's stream. I was at a point where I didn't want my stream to disconnect so hadn't tried the OBS settings yet but will do the option you described! I'll post back with the results. Thanks for responding still =)
-Lulu

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Sounds like you had two routers active, which is very bad for connectivity (double NAT). If your modem has a bridge mode option, it's not a modem - a standalone modem is always in bridge mode. By putting one of your routers in bridge mode it acts like a modem only (all routing / NAT turned off), so now you have only one router as it should be.

lulusoccer

I've been streaming for a little over a week now with the suggestions you mentioned R1CH

"Please try a stream with the "new networking code" enabled (advanced settings). You can leave low latency off. The new network code has better error reporting, so if you still experience disconnects, please post another log. I've done extensive testing of the new code and successfully streamed a max length (48 hours) stream to Twitch."

^^Doing this, I've had 0 disconnects from twitch and everything seems to be working out great! I'm not sure what the difference is or why it works, but I'm happy I can use OBS again! Thank You!
-Lulu

lulusoccer

I just realized you said to leave Low Latency Off, lol I did have that On actually, but I can test with it off too and see how it goes =)

Chase Selby

Please try a stream with the "new networking code" enabled (advanced settings). You can leave low latency off. The new network code has better error reporting, so if you still experience disconnects, please post another log. I've done extensive testing of the new code and successfully streamed a max length (48 hours) stream to Twitch.

Can you explain more in depth on how to do that? Im having the same issue as lulu

OM26R

Hi, I've got the same problems. here is the log https://hastebin.com/wepokifime . WTF is this? Can anyone help me? Enable new Network code doesn't help also with Low Latency and without. I've tried to use 12k and 10k bitrate. It's ok but onetime suddenly I've got the instant disconnects without any chance to reconnect. Also, I've got this issue when I try to start the .mov animation. Now I can see that I can use OBS with only 6k bitrate as a maximum. But my PC can handle 10-12K as well but I have problems with disconnects. How can I fix that?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Hi, I've got the same problems. here is the log https://hastebin.com/wepokifime . WTF is this? Can anyone help me? Enable new Network code doesn't help also with Low Latency and without. I've tried to use 12k and 10k bitrate. It's ok but onetime suddenly I've got the instant disconnects without any chance to reconnect. Also, I've got this issue when I try to start the .mov animation. Now I can see that I can use OBS with only 6k bitrate as a maximum. But my PC can handle 10-12K as well but I have problems with disconnects. How can I fix that?

From the looks of that log, you're using some kind of loopback adapter with a local RTMP server. The issues are coming from somewhere in that setup, not from OBS.

OM26R

From the looks of that log, you're using some kind of loopback adapter with a local RTMP server. The issues are coming from somewhere in that setup, not from OBS.
Thanks for the reply, but what does it mean - loopback adapter? At this log you can in this thread, I've got disconnects on 9-12k of bitrate. Also, I've tested about 1-2 hours on 7k of bitrate - no disconnects. At this thread https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/sub-par-performance-on-1950x-streaming-pc.82094/page-3 I've described the whole problem with my OBS and all chain of software I'm using, but also there is a log https://hastebin.com/lacehedaza of my disconnects where I used only OBS for streaming directly on YT. And for 6 hours of streaming, I've got about 6 disconnects, but OBS reconnected to server from the 1st time.