Constant Frame Drop, I really need help.

RuNNerxJ

I am trying to stream on FB Live, I keep the frames at 48 fps.
I have a 2060 Super, Ryzen 7 3800x, MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max Mother board, 32GB RAM.
My Internet is 400mbps Down, 20mbps Up.

I a constantly having frames dropped, and the frames constantly hit below 30.

I Know FB bitrate is at 4000, so i try to keep video at 3800 and audio at 200.

I thought I knew what I was doing but I am at a loss here.

This is my log file.

Please I need expert help, This is killing my views.

FerretBomb

You have a few problems.
08:55:19.753: - scene 'Scene':
08:55:19.753: - source: 'Game Capture' (game_capture)
08:55:19.753: - source: 'Display Capture' (monitor_capture)
NEVER have a Monitor Capture in the same Scene as a Game or Window Capture. Monitor Capture should be avoided at all costs, if possible; it's the least-performant capture method and tends to cause problems. If you HAVE to use it for some reason, it should be in its own separate scene. It can interfere badly, and cause major performance issues.

08:55:17.326: Running as administrator: false
09:47:32.067: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 3399 (9.7%)
The rendering lag COULD be due to the monitor capture, but it could also be your game over-loading the GPU and not leaving any GPU time for OBS to handle its housekeeping tasks. Run OBS as Administrator; this will enable a workaround where OBS can try to take GPU priority, ensuring OBS will be able to have the tiny slice of GPU time it needs to handle color conversion, scaling, composition, etc.

08:55:17.326: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 18363 (release: 1909; revision: 1082; 64-bit)
08:55:17.689: output 0: pos={0, 0}, size={1920, 1080}, attached=true, refresh=240, name=OMEN X 25f
08:55:17.689: output 1: pos={1920, 0}, size={1920, 1080}, attached=true, refresh=144, name=KG241Q P
You are running your monitors at two different refresh rates, which causes problems. Set the 240hz monitor to run at 144hz instead.
Alternately, update Windows; you're on 1909 which is still affected by the multiple-refresh-rate bug. The latest is 2004, which happened to include a fix and allows running at different refresh rates without causing problems for programs like OBS.

Beyond that, your logfile did not contain any streaming sessions, just a number of local recording sessions. If you're having issues with streaming, we'll need a log from a streaming session where the problem happened.

Tomasz Góral

i will add:
08:55:17.326: Game DVR: On
08:55:17.326: Game DVR Background Recording: On
change to off.

You have almost 10% rendering lags, it's too much.

RuNNerxJ

You have a few problems.

NEVER have a Monitor Capture in the same Scene as a Game or Window Capture. Monitor Capture should be avoided at all costs, if possible; it's the least-performant capture method and tends to cause problems. If you HAVE to use it for some reason, it should be in its own separate scene. It can interfere badly, and cause major performance issues.

The rendering lag COULD be due to the monitor capture, but it could also be your game over-loading the GPU and not leaving any GPU time for OBS to handle its housekeeping tasks. Run OBS as Administrator; this will enable a workaround where OBS can try to take GPU priority, ensuring OBS will be able to have the tiny slice of GPU time it needs to handle color conversion, scaling, composition, etc.

You are running your monitors at two different refresh rates, which causes problems. Set the 240hz monitor to run at 144hz instead.
Alternately, update Windows; you're on 1909 which is still affected by the multiple-refresh-rate bug. The latest is 2004, which happened to include a fix and allows running at different refresh rates without causing problems for programs like OBS.

Beyond that, your logfile did not contain any streaming sessions, just a number of local recording sessions. If you're having issues with streaming, we'll need a log from a streaming session where the problem happened.
Holy crap. I'll get right on all of this. Thank you so much!! I'll let you know if this fixes my issue. Also does it really affect it if my monitors refresh rate is different? I spent money on an omen for a better gaming experience and my other monitor is just there to run obs

FerretBomb

Holy crap. I'll get right on all of this. Thank you so much!! I'll let you know if this fixes my issue. Also does it really affect it if my monitors refresh rate is different? I spent money on an omen for a better gaming experience and my other monitor is just there to run obs
In Windows 10 1909 and earlier, yes. There's a long-standing bug with hardware accelerated applications and the Windows OS desktop compositor. The only fix on Win10 v1909 and earlier is to run all monitors at the same refresh rate.

Lucky you, Win10 2004 has been rolling out, and contains a long-awaited fix (well, a mediation) for this exact issue. If you update Win10 to the v2004 patch instead of 1909 (as you're currently on, according to your logfile), you can run your monitors at different refresh rates with only minimal impact if any.

RuNNerxJ

In Windows 10 1909 and earlier, yes. There's a long-standing bug with hardware accelerated applications and the Windows OS desktop compositor. The only fix on Win10 v1909 and earlier is to run all monitors at the same refresh rate.

Lucky you, Win10 2004 has been rolling out, and contains a long-awaited fix (well, a mediation) for this exact issue. If you update Win10 to the v2004 patch instead of 1909 (as you're currently on, according to your logfile), you can run your monitors at different refresh rates with only minimal impact if any.
Updating windows as I type. I turn off automatic updates so it was time for an update anyway lol. Thank you so much again, Ill let you know if you saved me from buying a new graphics card.... even tho i still might snag the 3080 lol

RuNNerxJ

You have a few problems.

I only have a display capture, that's it.

Attachments

• 2020-09-24 (2).png
    2020-09-24 (2).png
    9.8 KB · Views: 24

RuNNerxJ

nevermind, the scene u saw was the first scene i made and it was still in there and was never used so I deleted it.

RuNNerxJ

New log files

I have updated and ran as administrator.

Not really sure what changes administrator does.

So if all those failed it basically means I need a new GPU?

I am at a complete loss here.

Attached an image for what Results I am getting.

Attachments

• 2020-09-24 (3).png
    2020-09-24 (3).png
    15.5 KB · Views: 26

FerretBomb

The rendering lag thing, you aren't running OBS as Administrator according to those logfiles. Right-click on the shortcut and 'Run as Administrator'.

Your network connection seems to be a major problem though, the logfile shows a TON of timeouts due to not being able to contact the remote server.

RuNNerxJ

The rendering lag thing, you aren't running OBS as Administrator according to those logfiles. Right-click on the shortcut and 'Run as Administrator'.

Your network connection seems to be a major problem though, the logfile shows a TON of timeouts due to not being able to contact the remote server.

What do you mean by remote server? I almost never have network lag. Every blue moon I will

FerretBomb

What do you mean by remote server? I almost never have network lag. Every blue moon I will
The ingest. The destination server you are sending your video stream to. According to the log file, your connection to it is dropping out, and cannot be reached.
This may be your home connection dropping out, your ISP's intranet, one of the intermediary hops in the routing chain, or even the remote server itself. 95% of your connection is entirely out of your control.
Regardless, that's what the log says. Network connection problem.