Question / Help Connection issues

Chris Scars

I recently upgraded my internet to have a better upload speed. I originally had a 50mb↑3mb↓ now it is 150mb↑10mb↓. I did a test on Twitch bandwidth test and speedtest.net. I had TS running and steam that way it could have those both going to see the impact they would have and my antivirus on a profile for gaming(bitdefender). The issue i'm having is that my feed drops tons of frames, but I have a sustainable upload speed. Is it just that my upload speed to twitch servers isn't getting the connection necessary to stream?

PorH6
<----speed test

55d2d185c74932a585ab8a3fb06e2b5f.png
d57aaa4e3445c95e08f26b7f3de4588c.png
baeef82f88dac67d8b66cce7c4d45ed4.png

H4ndy

Forum Moderator
Looks like your ISP is either throttling video RTMP streaming massively or they have like no bandwidth at all to Twitch servers. Try with a free VPN if it makes things better, than blame your ISP.

c3r1c3

Not only is your bandwidth insufficient for a decent quality stream, but with a quality rating of "0", most of your packets are NOT making it to twitch.

As to the VPN angle: If you use a VPN and it works correctly, that means your ISP is throttling you/stopping you from streaming. What to do afterwards depends. Maybe get a new ISP? Maybe get a better connection? etc.

Also, you are correct. Streaming through a VPN isn't ideal, but it's a potential troubleshooting step. There are also websites that test for throttling on the ISP level for port 1935 and/or RTMP streams, so you could use one of those to test and check as well.