Question / Help Confused about Bandwith in OBS studio

flygrizzle

Hey guys,

I am very very new to this so please keep that in mind,

I went and got OBS up and running, did some testing and tried to find the right settings for streaming.

I have a very old iMac (mid 2010) with an old Intel i3 processor, that might have something to do with the fact that my streaming is not optimized.

The problem is: I checked my internet speed on speedtest.net, and it turns out I have a ping of 4ms and an upload speed of 93Mpbs. (I believe thats insanely fast)

However, when I go to OBS and do a bandwith test, it says that the recommended bandwith is only 1500.

What am I doing wrong here? (It also says 830x540 is the resolution)

I am all the way confused as I have no idea what to change in my settings??

Note: I use Remote Play to capture my gameplay in OBS, I was actually using Window Capture but I read here that Window Capture is really slow

Narcogen

Speedtest.net tests are simply not relevant for streaming.

When OBS tests, it is testing your connection to Twitch, not to a server explicitly set up by an ISP for maximizing their speed test result.

That Mac is also too weak to do much with.

flygrizzle

Speedtest.net tests are simply not relevant for streaming.

When OBS tests, it is testing your connection to Twitch, not to a server explicitly set up by an ISP for maximizing their speed test result.

That Mac is also too weak to do much with.

Okay fair enough,

I kind of knew my mac was very weak, i just hoped it would atleast be capable of doing something lol

Also, turned out I had a bad ethernet switch, so I bought a better one, and now I get upload speeds of nearly 500Mbps, is that gonna make any significant difference in my situation?

Narcogen

If the switch was actually defective, possibly. Run the OBS Auto Configuration Wizard again, it will test your connections to Twitch.