Concerned about CPU Usage / Dropped Frames for Live Stream

jannatms

Hi all, I am a newbie here and fairly technically inept, so I'm learning as I go about OBS. We are currently running OBS 25.0.8 in Windows and do a weekly live stream featuring mostly local musicians from our scene but next weekend, we are bringing in a national artist, so we just can't screw this one up.

Last episode, we had some issues with dropped frames. I believe I have taken some steps to protect against that by ensuring our video bitrate, output resolution and Common FPS values are set as they should be. I've also just gone in today to the Advanced Settings and set the Process Priority at "Above Normal."

I just ran a test and everything went great. It stayed in the green the entire time, had no dropped frames and all went well. However, and again I'm new so bear with my ignorance, will that CPU usage be higher once we get traffic on the live broadcasts and what I know will be many shares that night? We are only broadcasting on Facebook Live at this time. Or does the traffic (number of viewers) on the live stream and the shares we will have not impact the CPU usage number? Thanks for the education, I just want to ensure a smooth livestream that night with no freezes or dropped frames for the people watching live. Thanks!!