Question / Help Computer (not stream) lag when using OBS

Missthemint

I've checked to make sure I have plenty of memory available and the CPU usage is pretty low -- basically, I don't know if this is a problem with OBS and how it's running or my computer.

All graphics lag, all inputs lag after I open OBS Multiplatform (0.12.4 [mac]), but not with comparably sized programs on my computer. I don't even need to be streaming for this lag to occur, and it happens when I have no other programs open, as well. I use a MacBook with OS ElCapitan and have included log. Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• 2016-01-10 19-50-13 copy.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 25

Anaximore

Hi all,

Sorry for my funny english, i'm french and i don't speak very well…

I have the same problem when i start a streming, all graphics lags.

For example, on a private Minecraft online server, i play with 60 FPS, but when i start the stream, my FPS fall to 7 / 12 FPS !

iMac 27 mid-2011)
3,1 GHz Intel Core i5 quad
8Go RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 Mo

amsyar ZeRo

@Missthemint @Anaximore Hello!Try checking out your settings in the "Output" and "Video" section.Also,your log is not complete Missthemint.Try recording something and then give the current log.

Also,you all might want to follow this guide.It helped me lift up a bit of CPU load.

Anaximore

Thx,

After couple hours of research, i found severals informations for OBS on a Mac :

First, OBS don't like the "Mac window capture" and prefer Syphon Injection, if you can, start Syphon and Inject Application you want to capture.

In second, OBS like RAM, and more RAM if possible…

Just with this two actions, my stream is no laggy…