Complete Noob with a Dream looking for help please :)

dave007

Hi Guys,

I am very glad i found this forum.

I am currently working a project that would need among others things the use of 4 Hd camera streaming that i could access via streaming on my tablet phone or desktop while keeping a High resolution quality.

One of the specs would be to have 4 cameras feed shown on a grid where I could just select one of the image to have the selected camera go full screen, a feature similar that you can find with IP camera setting used in security industry, but with a higher quality as those cameras would be used for close shots.

I have some programming experience in Ruby Rails, JS so I trust i should be able to design the interface but I have no clue on which type of cameras I could use, or the streaming technology I have a few basic questions to ask if you guys would kindly help me:

A- How would you connect 4 cameras to a kind of video card or wifi station where I could retrieve the live feeds ?

B- What are the hardware required to deploy question A ?

C- Does the OBS API/Software would be useful for video management ?

D- I have heard of black magic as quality products, are there quality alternatives out there that i should consider since I would like to keep cost low when i am prototyping.

E- I would need down the road to bring onboard someone who has expertise in this field: Video Streaming Video management technology etc. What would you guys recommend as an ideal Profile or the kind of specific technical skills that i should look for please.

I sincerely thank you in adavance for your time and help.

Best Regards,

david