Question / Help Compatibility w/ BMD intensity pro 4k

CHiLL_HaMMeR

Will the Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4k ever be compatible with OBS multiplatform for windows? Or did I just buy myself a fancy $200 paper weight? If there is a way to make it work currently that I'm just not seeing, please reference in thread or email me. Thanks. Love U guys....

CHiLL_HaMMeR

I configured all of my settings in the cards provided utility. then opened up obs and configured the setting exactly the same. and... no signal. The cards pass through also wasn't working even after disabling HDCP. This forced me to use a splitter to bring the signal to the display. spoke with a rep from BMD and they said it was OBS's fault for not supporting BMD's drivers. That sounds like a ridiculous cop out to me being that OBS is the most commonly used streaming software. Maybe I'm wrong though. After a little research, it turns out that i'm not the only person experiencing these issues.

CHiLL_HaMMeR

I will add that when I used BMD's proprietary software and opened OBS as a slave, I was able to game capture instead of video capture. The problem with that is it displays the editing roll numbers from the proprietary software and there are no settings to disable that. This occurs both in the capture and post roll edit tabs within the proprietary software.

Harold

With OBS Multiplatform, there's a specific type of capture for blackmagic brand cards. I can't remember if it's called decklink capture or blackmagic capture.

CHiLL_HaMMeR

BMD rep told me that decklink is only supported on their more expensive capture devices. Either way both options show up within OBS but the video signal still doesn't come through. I've tried every video setting available with the same results.... A black screen with audio only. I've never encountered this with my Magewell xi100dusb-hdmi but then again it also doesn't require drivers and has no proprietary software. I'm not technologically educated enough to make the assessment but my thoughts are that the I/O should be a slave to the software. The flaws in this device seem to be that it is purpose built for video production capture. However it is advertised as being able to live stream 1080p @ 60fps. What I find completely illogical is that BMD somehow blames OBS for their device not being compatible when literally EVERY other device on the market works with OBS. I hope others find this post so that they don't have to waste their time and money like I have.

CHiLL_HaMMeR

Please be advised that there are 2 units. Intensity pro and intensity pro 4k. Intensity pro apparently works with OBS and xsplit but can only manage 30fps. Intensity pro 4k is 60fps capable and is the unit in question.

sam686

I think black magic "intensity pro 4k" needs to run at specific color space (r210, v210) as failing to use a specific color space may only do black screen. UV12, YUY2, and some others is supported, but r210 and v210 color space is not yet supported on OBS?