Question / Help [CLOSED]

AquariusBat

I have no idea if this has been solved or not, but I've been having trouble trying to get the application Manga Studio EX 5 to be captured in OBS correctly.

It picks the program up just fine, but it doesn't display it correctly.
It shows the preview (canvas) window only:
upload_2016-1-22_17-55-45.png

Instead of this:
upload_2016-1-22_17-56-25.png

I've tried setting the Manga Studio application as the media source, setting Manga Studio (with the canvas open) as the Window Capture countless times, and I don't want to have just the plain "Window Capture" due to me being paranoid seeing my entire screen.

I want to stream on Picarto.tv, which recommends OBS as the only Mac streaming software. But I need it to be properly set up first to do that....

If you haven't guessed, I run on a MacBook Pro with El Capitan (latest) OS (aka P.O.S.)

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, they would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-22_17-56-3.png
    upload_2016-1-22_17-56-3.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 11

Harold

Because Manga Studio displays multiple windows, you need to use display capture pointed at the display it's operating on.

AquariusBat

The thing is, Manga Studio won't stay displayed when I'm trying to set that up. I don't know why. It only shows the canvas (preview) if I'm in another application. And I tried Display Capture, and yet again, it only shows what is on the screen (my browser and desktop).

upload_2016-1-22_18-36-54.png

Harold

And did you tell it to display capture the display running manga studio?

And why are you expecting OBS to capture only one program when using display capture?

AquariusBat

How do you tell it to display it? I'm not trying to display my entire desktop. I've said that in the original post. I'm trying to record/capture Manga Studio EX 5 with the Window Capture. However, the Window Capture records only the canvas. I want it to record the entirety of Manga Studio EX 5.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Harold

You can't get window capture to display the entire program BECAUSE OF HOW MANGA STUDIO DISPLAYS THE PROGRAM.

You set display capture to capture the display that manga studio is running on then minimize obs and bring manga studio to the front.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Harold understood what you meant, but I think you misunderstood his explanation.

Window capture is intended to capture exactly one window. Manga Studio has multiple windows, so you can't capture it in full with Window capture. Thus, you have to use Display capture. There is no way to capture only Manga Studio 5 with OBS since you have to capture it with Display capture.

Once you set up display capture in OBS, then yes, it will show OBS because you're capturing your Display. Just switch back to Manga Studio and you'll be capturing Manga Studio, because you're capturing your display.

You can do a test recording to verify that this is what happens.

AquariusBat

I guess I'll have to do with that, because I've tried both(?) methods, but same result. When I try to set up a Display Capture, it just displays the screen and unable to pick up MS.

Thanks for your help. And sorry for being brash.

AquariusBat

When I try to record through record through 'Display Capture' it just records the screen (like QuickTime), and I have to click into Manga Studio to have it in (full) view. And I'm not sure what "fullscreen OpenGL app" means...

AquariusBat

Yes, in a way. But not way I want it to be displayed. I want to record the full window, in Window Capture (since it does provide some privacy). I do not want to record in Display Capture because it'll show everything on my window/desktop. If there is no solution, I'm sorry for wasting both of your times.