Choppy video at 1280x720 60FPS

hamferglar

I'm trying to record myself playing drums but there seems to be choppy video issues.

I am running a DAW (Ableton Live Suite 10) with processed audio running to OBS.

I recently switched from recording/streaming from my laptop originally because of desyncing issues during stream so I decided to set up and stream using my PC which is much more powerful. I stream my gaming from the same PC and have literally zero issues recording or streaming. Even on the previous lower performing laptop, there were no choppy video issues. Specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 3600X
16GB 3600MHz RAM
Nvidia Geforce 2060 Super

3 monitors are connected (2 1080p monitors on my desk for gaming and 1 1680x1050 monitor on a table that I look at connected via a VGA to DP adapter into my graphics card)

The preview seems very smooth while I'm recording and there's no desyncing or audio issues.

Log is attached.

Attachments

• Drumming Recording Log.txt
    70.2 KB · Views: 7

qhobbes

0. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 3 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
3. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

hamferglar

0. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 3 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
3. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

Thanks for your reply! I’ll check if there are any available updates. If
Anything, I will unplug the monitors I won’t be using and see if the problem persists. If it does, I will send a new log.

hamferglar

1) Restart OBS.

Turns out that the multiple monitors being connected was the issue! I only have the monitor I need connected for the stream and the recording video (and test stream) seem to be smooth. Thanks for the help :)