Bug Report Choppy recordings / streams after updating to 25.x

QiwTV

Platform

Windows 10 (1909)
OS Build: 18363.778

OBS Studio version: 25.0.8

Expected Behavior

Streaming / recording without regular freezes every 1-4 seconds.

Current Behavior

Getting regular freezes after updating to the latest version, it's like clockwork and it does not seem to be related to the settings i have used. I get the same issues regardless, OBS does not seem to keep up with the FPS selected under video, if 60 fps is selected its running at 52.1 fps in the bottom right even before recording or streaming.

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure how to even reproduce this, it's constant for me regardless if i just did a fresh restart of the computer and any other steps i have tried so far.

Additional information

As you can see from the log file its around 14% dropped frames due to encoding lag / stall.

Attachments

• Recording Lag Log 20200509.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 9

Harold

It's actually rendering lag not encoding lag the log shows, which means video card overload.
Additionally you're using multiple displays with different refresh rates, that can cause additional performance issues.

QiwTV

How is that possible? Its happening even before i start the recording in preview mode, i have 100 ingame fps, gpu and cpu both under 10% load.

I have never had this issue with this monitor setup before and i highly doubt that it would suddenly out of nowhere cause issues, i'll make sure to test though, ill post an update with monitor disconnected later.

QiwTV

Ok... Actually i have found the problem....

One of my old scenes were refering to an image on a LAN network share that has been disconnected, apparently this caused the lag and removing the image has fixed the issue.