Question / Help Choppy recording, stable ingame Framerate

Leonotlive

Hi,

I've been using OBS Multiplatform for several months now and I absolutely loved it, it was a great piece of software. However, recently, I have a problem that makes it impossible for me to use it. Since the update to version 0.12.3 , all my recordings are choppy. My ingame FPS are perfectly fine, I get stable 60 FPS while recording, but the video that I recorded lags heavily, it has framedrops every few seconds.

I have tried everything I could think of to resolve that issue, I lowered the bitrate, used other CPU presets, used CBR instead of CRF, used other downscale filters and tried to lower the Framerate to 30 (the choppiness is less noticeable then, but the recording looks bad overall, the Framerate is too low for a High DPI BF4 gameplay). I couldn't resolve the issue though, the recordings are still choppy.

Another thing that has changed with version 0.12.3, which is also extremely annoying, is the CPU usage. Before, I used the veryfast CPU preset, a 30000 bitrate for very good quality, and recorded at 1080p (downscaled from 1440p)@60 FPS. My CPU usage was always around 20 to maximum 30 percent. Now it goes up to 65 or even 70 percent, which is obviously way higher than before (I can still play all my games without Framerate issues while recording though, I have a very strong CPU and games almost never use more than 30 percent).

I really love OBS Multiplatform, and I heavily rely on it as I need it to record videos for my Youtube channel, but at the moment it's barely usable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My log file:
https://gist.github.com/c18828c253d127cfd608