Choppy frames and video while recording and on output! Please I need help!

Barricade2091

I've been using OBS for years and been using it on this pc for a long time. Out of nowhere my frames get really laggy and choppy. I've deleted and reinstalled OBS numerous times, made sure all my hardware is on it's latest drivers, etc. I'm currently using a Elgato 4k60 and recordings are done in 1080P 60fps with my hardware's graphics card to encode with my NVENC. I have never had this problem before but suddenly started having it. I don't think it's problem with my hardware either because I have used the general software from elgato for my 4k60 and it doesn't have this problem at all but I would rather use OBS because it's better. Here is a few pics of my specs and also an image of what happens when I record. It's horrible, any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing I noticed is the frames will be discolored and also overlap one another. Very annoying.

Attachments

• specs.JPG
    specs.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 13
  • glitch 1.JPG
    glitch 1.JPG
    456.6 KB · Views: 15
  • glitch 2.JPG
    glitch 2.JPG
    628.5 KB · Views: 14

Barricade2091

You have your display connected in the bad area.
By display you mean my monitor right? If so it's on the bottom part, it's the wire that I have my finger on. Should I move it to another one of the ports?

Attachments

• 116566997_3127501153971792_9204367527290869838_o.jpg
    116566997_3127501153971792_9204367527290869838_o.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 10

Harold

The log shows OBS running on the power saving integrated gpu from the motherboard, and everything else is elsewhere, and your performance is taking a major hit from that.

Barricade2091

The log shows OBS running on the power saving integrated gpu from the motherboard, and everything else is elsewhere, and your performance is taking a major hit from that.
Oh I see that makes sense. Admitingly I'm not too sure how to change that. Is there a setting inside OBS that I can switch it to?

qhobbes

1. Update your Windows 10 to at least 1909 or 2004 if available per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
Once updated, open Windows Settings and search for "Graphics Settings". Select "Classic App" and browse to C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe (or wherever you have installed OBS). Click "Options" (example screenshot), select "High performance" and click [Save]

If you don't want to update Windows 10, then go to the Nvidia control panel in Windows control panel, and go to 3D settings on the left. Then, on the right pane, select "Program Settings" and choose OBS Studio (obs64.exe) from the drop-down list (example screenshot),select "High Performance NVIDIA Processor" and click [Apply]
2. Check for GeForce driver updates.
3. Run OBS as Admin.

Barricade2091

1. Update your Windows 10 to at least 1909 or 2004 if available per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
Once updated, open Windows Settings and search for "Graphics Settings". Select "Classic App" and browse to C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe (or wherever you have installed OBS). Click "Options" (example screenshot), select "High performance" and click [Save]

If you don't want to update Windows 10, then go to the Nvidia control panel in Windows control panel, and go to 3D settings on the left. Then, on the right pane, select "Program Settings" and choose OBS Studio (obs64.exe) from the drop-down list (example screenshot),select "High Performance NVIDIA Processor" and click [Apply]
2. Check for GeForce driver updates.
3. Run OBS as Admin.
[/QUOTE

I think that fixed it! I think I already had the newest windows 10 because it gave me the option you said in your first suggestion. Now it's working fine so far! :D