Question / Help Cellular livestreaming for distributed virtual art event

Christyman

Hi, there! I have an exciting art race event that I want to stage virtually. Each of our artist-racers will race in an individual location. With smartphone video of the race livestreamed to my OBS platform via their cellphone carrier. The rationale for using carriers rather than nearby modem is that 1) the videographers can run alongside the racers without carrying a laptop with them and 2) upload speed by carriers appears to be around 10MB, whereas civilian internet acounts typically only have 2-5 MB upload speeds. I want this to be free and plug and play for non-technical users. My idea is that I'll mix the live streams on OBS with my voiceover and punch that stream out to our umbrella collaborator.

I have seen a free app for this demonstrated several years ago, but have no idea what it was. Currently, I can only find apps that upload to, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Ustream, Disney. Are those the only choices, or is there an app--or apps, that will send directly to browser for capture by OBS using Android and iPhones? I tried Droidcamera, but that just works in conjunction with a nearby modem.

Or are there alternative approaches? Should I just use one of the commercial setups listed above? Will they let me mix multiple streams? Which is the best and free or cheapest? Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely.

Mille grazis