Question / Help Casting audio from iPad to OBS on Mac

RAMChYLD

Hi,

I am planning to stream an iOS game via OBS. I have found that OBS can recognize my iPad Pro when I set it up as a video capture device. However I am not able to get sound from the device. Apparently the iPad was supposed to stream audio along with the video (it's recognized as a mic input by Quicktime alongside the iPad built in video capture device, but the audio input is not showing on OBS' video capture device option).

I am able to get sound playing through my Mac's speakers if I use Quicktime to capture the video, but there is no way for OBS to capture desktop audio, I understand that WavTap and Soundflower no longer works on Mac OS X High Sierra and understandably has not been updated for ages.

I don't have the budget right now to invest in a HDMI capture solution, and would prefer to go though the built-in screen capture method if I can.

Any ideas what I can try?

FoldableHuman

A couple options:

1) run a cable from the iPad's headphone jack into your computer's mic input. If you're on a newer (USB-C) MBP then you'll also need one of those small splitters that phones use to separate microphone and headphones since the MPB uses the same combination jack as the iPhone.

2) Follow these instructions and install Jack2 https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/advanced-audio-capture-mac-os-x.142/

3) Disable SIP and install WavTap as per OtherJim's instructions in this thread (second post) https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/setting-up-mac-desktop-sound-capture-with-wavtap.79/

Davidngoo

Hi,

I am planning to stream an iOS game via OBS. I have found that OBS can recognize my iPad Pro when I set it up as a video capture device. However I am not able to get sound from the device. Apparently the iPad was supposed to stream audio along with the video (it's recognized as a mic input by Quicktime alongside the iPad built in video capture device, but the audio input is not showing on OBS' video capture device option).

I am able to get sound playing through my Mac's speakers if I use Quicktime to capture the video, but there is no way for OBS to capture desktop audio, I understand that WavTap and Soundflower no longer works on Mac OS X High Sierra and understandably has not been updated for ages.

I don't have the budget right now to invest in a HDMI capture solution, and would prefer to go though the built-in screen capture method if I can.

Hi,

Hi sir,

im facing same problem with you so do you try it?