Capturing Audio

jarodk

We are using OBS to livestream a church service on Facebook. This process is going great, however we are wanting to capture audio to be able to have an audio only file on our website. I am attempting to use FFMPEG settings to output an AAC file however when I press "Stop Recording" the button stays on "Stopping Recording". An AAC file is output into the correct file directory however it seems to be corrupted since it will not playback. I have tried changing bitrate from 160 to 64 but still experience the same issue. Container Format is set to "adts (Audio)".

Log entries do not show any useful info related to codecs or recording from what I have seen, other than this one possibly:

Warning: Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.

Also, for any developers reading this, from a UX perspective it would be nice in this scenario to have a single button to press that starts both the live stream and recording processes. Same for ending these processes.

settings.png

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm in same boat with House of Worship live stream to Facebook.
In our case, I record locally a MKV video file at 1080p, while re-encode for stream at 720p for FB
If we wanted an audio only file, I'd pull that out of the video recording vs trying to create only a local audio recording
I want the local video recording in case anything happens to live stream