Capture from Elgato HD60 S+ freezes when resolution changes.

Miles Prower

I just bought an Elgato HD60 S+, and I am having an issue when I stream from my PC, which is separate from the laptop the capture card is going through. The PC's resolution is set to 4K, but because of its age, some games can only run well in 1080p. My previous capture card made this transition seamlessly with no issues, but with this new capture card, the display completely freezes and the audio stops every time the resolution changes, freezing on basically the first frame after the resolution is changed. It works fine in Elgato's own 4K Capture Utility program (not that I'm capturing in 4K, that's just the name of it), only temporarily changing to "no signal," but it seems like in OBS it crashes at the same point it would switch to no signal in Elgato's program.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I cannot find anyone else with this same problem when I search for it, and if my old USB 2.0 capture card was capable of the seamless transition, certainly my new one can do the same (and, again, it already works in Elgato's own program). Additionally, I am running OBS on a high-end Windows 10 laptop with 32 GB of RAM.

Thanks for any assistance.