Capture card

Bill078

My capture card has hdmi input, hdmi output and USB 3.0 output. I've never used it yet but was wondering if the input signal from my DVD player will output a signal to both outputs or only one ? I just downloaded OBS Studio which input should I pick ?

Bill078

none, because DVD has copy protect signal.
And always signal from camera, dvd, blu-ray and other device plug to HDMI IN.
My DVD's are mostly vacation videos I recorded and transfered to disc. No copy protections on them. My question has not been answered. Thanks but not relative.

koala

OBS Studio is not the right tool for creating movie files from DVDs. You can directly download the digital video files from DVD without first playing it through OBS Studio. This is a big quality difference. The task is called "dvd ripping", regardless if you rip copy protected material or self made unprotected material.

You can use VLC for this easy task. This is one tutorial for this very common task:

Bill078

OBS Studio is not the right tool for creating movie files from DVDs. You can directly download the digital video files from DVD without first playing it through OBS Studio. This is a big quality difference. The task is called "dvd ripping", regardless if you rip copy protected material or self made unprotected material.

You can use VLC for this easy task. This is one tutorial for this very common task:

I have and use VLC. Thanks, but please don't respond if you don't know the answer to my two questions in my original post.

Bill078

My capture card has hdmi input, hdmi output and USB 3.0 output. I've never used it yet but was wondering if the input signal from my DVD player will output a signal to both outputs or only one ? I just downloaded OBS Studio which input should I pick ?
If any one has the answer to my two questions I'd appreciate an answer. But please don't respond on any other comment in my post. I'm not looking to do anything just need an answer. Thanks for offering advice but not needed.