Capture card audio not detected

gaylie

I just plugged in my USB capture card and I'm not getting any audio. Not just can't hear it, nothing even appears in it's Audio Mixer slider.
I tried putting it's Audio Output Mode to "Output desktop audi" and "Capture audio only", neither worked.
I went to the Advanced Audio Properties and went through all the options, no change.

I'm using an "Aekeou HDMI" capture card, which is pretty cheap, but it's supposed to support audio, so I don't see how that should be the issue.

What am I doing wrong?

gaylie

Update:
I can't seem to edit so I'm adding it here.
I tried my capture card on VLC and get audio, so I know the issue isn't with the card itself.

gaylie

FIXED:
I had to add a checkmark on "Use custom audio device" which opened a dropdown in which I picked "Digital Audio Interface (2- USB Digital Audio)"

Saab93

I also have a capture card, Plexgear. After a days fighting with no sound i bought a RCA contact so i can have the sound via the mic input contact. Then i got sound, but no input sound to OBS.... What the..... !!?
Then i found this: "check If OBS has permission, go to Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone and make sure OBS has permission."
Worked for me!