Capture Card and OBS Preview Issue

Jazmac

So I use a capture card (elgato hd60 pro) for my ps4 and use the OBS preview feature to play my ps4 games on my monitors through Windows (this allows me to use the Windows night light feature and stream to friends on discord as well as just giving me extra flexibility). The issue I'm having is that with the "Buffering" feature found in the source properties set to "On" I get smooth framerate/frametimes but very noticeable latency playback and if I have it set to "Off" the additional playback latency is gone but I will periodically get framerate stuttering. "Auto-detect" seems to mostly behave as if it were "Off".

I know that's how it's supposed to work but does anyone know of a way (if at all possible) to get the best of both worlds and have low latency playback and smooth framerates or if there is even a better program that will serve my purposes better?

FerretBomb

Capture latency will always be there to a greater or lesser degree. There's no way to work around it, in the way you're describing/asking.
You can TRY using a copy of AmaRecTV which handles video capture better than OBS in my experience; I'd recommend v2.20c if possible. There will still be quite a bit of capture latency though, just a little less.

The best way to handle this though is with an HDMI Matrix. It's like an HDMI switcher+splitter on steroids. It can send any input to any output. Letting you run your GPU through one input, console through another. One output to your monitor, the other to your capture card. So you can play with zero latency by just switching the monitor output over to your console.