canvas resolution options

fairyy

Sorry if asking this is a stupid.
I have a 4k monitor and I play most of my games on the highest settings possible. On obs I have both my base canvas and output canvas set to 1080p. I stream in 1080p. Should I set my base canvas to 3840x2160p and output 1080p? Would it look better if I do that? Or it shouldn't matter and keep both at 1080p?

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Scaling might work better if you set canvas to 4K, but you can change the scaling per-source too. It's really up to you.

x0diego0x

Sorry if asking this is a stupid.
I have a 4k monitor and I play most of my games on the highest settings possible. On obs I have both my base canvas and output canvas set to 1080p. I stream in 1080p. Should I set my base canvas to 3840x2160p and output 1080p? Would it look better if I do that? Or it shouldn't matter and keep both at 1080p?

Did you test both configurations?

I'm playing at 1440p and want to stream at 1080. Problem is I'm using an Avermedia card in a dual PC setup and the native resolution of the card is 4K. So it seems that when I set the canvas on 1440p I'm stretching a 1440p image into a 4k resolution, which obviously affects quality.

So what I'm doing now is setting canvas in 4K and downscaling it to 1080p. I don't know if it's the best option.