Can't stream certain steam games looked for hours for an answer nothing works

Krod

I've been experiencing an issue where if I try to stream games such as The Forest, Terraria, or Raft my stream's bitrate will immediately tank and as the title suggests I've been looking for an answer to this and have seen a few other posts that have the exact same situation but they couldn't find an answer either. I have tried lowering my bitrate but I can maintain a solid bitrate of 6000 while playing other games like Warzone, Apex Legends, and Hyperscape and I have also tried switching servers to no avail. I tried opening up The Forest while Steam was fully closed as well as lowered the graphics and resolution and the stream would still immediately drop. I can start my stream and it would run fine but as soon as one of the mentioned games gets opened the bitrate will fly to 0 and the dropped frames will increase but as soon as I close it it would soar past the bitrate I originally set it to (ex: If I have it set to 6000 it would go to 9000-12000) then after time it would settle itself at the set bitrate. Yesterday out of nowhere it worked flawlessly for my stream but today and the days before it won't work at all. My GPU and CPU handle the game and stream fine. I have switched from streamlabs OBS to OBS hoping it would fix it and vice versa but that didn't help. I have tried for hours looking online for an answer and am desperate for help.

Attachments

• 2020-07-31 01-01-03.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 6

Krod

I also used the twitchtest app and it said I could use the dallas server at over 10,000 kbps with 40 ms or ashburn VA 3 at around 9000 kbps with 11 ms but then when I open one of the games the test then goes to around 200 kbps for all servers