Can't seem to recover scenes from old HDD

NoelleTGS

I recently bought an SSD and decided to do a full reinstallation of Windows on it, meaning I had to copy back over my OBS settings from the old HDD. Bringing everything over from AppData\Roaming\obs-studio brings all my settings back, but all my scenes are gone and I have no idea why. I have some really elaborate scenes that I would reeeeally not want to have to remake, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banyarola

Try this...This is what I did,,

NoelleTGS

Try this...This is what I did,,
Unfortunately I'm not able to try that, since soon after installing Windows on my SSD the HDD decided to corrupt itself, so I'm not able to boot from it. I can access most of the files from it, but booting isn't possible. Is there any other way to do that, maybe I could try starting up OBS from the HDD on my SSD?

Banyarola

If you can access the files on the HDD then just copy the folders in the instructions to a thumb drive and then copy them to the new drive in the same folders.

NoelleTGS

If you can access the files on the HDD then just copy the folders in the instructions to a thumb drive and then copy them to the new drive in the same folders.
That's what I've done like I said in the original post, the settings and everything copied over but none of my scenes are showing up. I only have the one scene collection so I know that isn't the problem.

Lawrence_SoCal

In case this is a semantics issue
- what EXACTLY do you mean when you write 'none of my scenes are showing up"?
Do you mean the Scene list and Sources aren't there?
OR
the scene list and Sources are in OBS, but the Content (Image, Video, etc) of the Scene/Sources isn't there (blank screen, etc)?
I ask as the above are 2 completely different things

For the latter, you could have your Source material (images, videos, etc) ANYWHERE. And a OBS source points to the exact NTFS folder structure. So User A's My Documents is NOT the same as User B. You could (advanced technique) edit the path references directly, or use the OBS UI to re-point your Sources to the new location
and This is why I placed all of my OBS content in a common (not User Specific) folder structure on the PC