Can't remove interface monitoring from Reaper sound

IgorMinari

Hi!

I'm trying to use OBS to record a video of me playing guitar. I've added the webcam as a video source normally and I successfully added the guitar sound from Reaper using the VST Reastream.

The problem is that after recording the video, I can hear the distorted guitar but I also I hear a clean guitar sound (probably a direct monitor sound coming from the interface?)

Anyway how can I remove the clean direct monitoring sound and record only the audio coming from Reaper?

Thanks!!

damehex

I think your first troubleshoot is to make sure you don't have any other audio sources live (unmuted) in your OBS scene's mixer. No mic on your webcam that's picking up the clean guitar in the room, etc. If you're not hearing the clean guitar in your monitors but it's getting into the OBS mix, maybe there are extra instances of Reastream mounted in your Reaper layout, like between the guitar's input and the guitar's amp simulator plugin.

I wish I could be more help w/ Reastream but I don't use it. Also I don't know anything about Mac OS implementations. But...

If Reaper and OBS are running on the same Windows desktop, you can try instead the solution I use: hit the "Route" button and patch your Reaper layout's Master Output to a pair of ReaRoute channels, then use that stereo ReaRoute pair as your audio source in OBS.
This requires the OBS-ASIO plugin: https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio
...which I recommend using for all live inputs since it's way less laggy than the default Windows Audio API.

If all else fails you can record your performance straight into Reaper, while recording your visual separately, and combine them in any video editor after the fact. You'd be giving yourself the chance to mix/master your audio as well.