Can't record specific game

I made a thread about this a long time ago, but it was quickly buried within 3 pages of threads (it had to be verified which took weeks for some reason) and no one ever saw it. It's an urgent issue, so I hope people see it this time.

I'm trying to record Watch Dogs 2, however it seems incredibly resistant to recording. Attempting to record the game using Game Capture just results in a video that's solid black with no sound. Recording in Screen Capture results in a solid black video, but sound is captured. The only way for me to record this game with OBS is the set the game to Borderless Windowed mode and use Screen Capture. Not only does the game have severe lag when it's not in Exclusive Fullscreen mode, but this causes minor recording issues, plus it picks up Discord notification sounds and USB unplug sounds.

I've been trying to fix this for months now, and nothing has fixed it. Several updates have gone by and nothing has changed. I've tried every possible combination of settings, but something about this game and OBS just aren't agreeing. All of the other 200+ games I own have no isses with OBS, it's only this one.

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel Core i7-6700K

NVIDIA GTX 1080

16 GB DDR4 RAM

Virus/malware/rootkit/etc scans come up completely clean, all drivers are completely up-to-date, all Windows updates are installed. I work in tech support, the initial troubleshooting steps come to me naturally. Log file is attatched. I've posted many times on technical support sites and tech-oriented subreddits, but no one can figure this out.

Attachments

• 2020-08-05 21-30-57.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 3