Can't record microphone

Stulos

I have my microphone going through a Zed 10fx mixer and I can hear it through the speakers fine. It also shows on the OBS audio input capture. But when I press Start Recording it doesn't record anything. I have tried to go through guides and forums. One thing I saw was that the microphone has to be set to Monitor Only (Mute Output) in Advanced Audio Properties. However, when I change it to that it gives a loud feedback screech. Any help through this will be greatly appreciated.

Dasmin

i have the same problem please help ;-; but i still cant hear myself on the recording even if i set my mic to "monitor only (mute output" please and yes im new ive done a couple streams and recordings it was working perfectly... T^T

Stulos

I have the audio source Audio Input Capture. I can see the bars move as I talk into the microphone. It's picking it up. I just don't hear anything on the recorded video.

Stulos

Thanks. That makes sense. I can't change it to that 'Monitor Off' or Monitor Only (mute output).

If I set it to either of those it gives me a bad feedback screech. The only setting that doesn't give me the screech is Monitor Off.

And when I have it set to Monitor Off it doesn't record audio from the microphone in my video. Just the audio from the browser gets recorded.

Stulos

I figured it out by messing around. I deleted the audio input and added an audio output and it solved the problem. I hope that helps and works for you Dasmin.