Can't record certain streams any longer

BaBa Boo

I had been using my windows screen recorder to record Hulu and other such streaming platforms for personal use with no problems whatsoever for many years including up to late last night.

But just today when I restarted my laptop, all recordings I try to get result in blank screen with only audio and subtitles, etc upon recording playback. DRM protections seem to have been activated even though I didn't change anything (settings etc.) from what I had been doing for all these years to last night when everything was still working.

Strangely recording still works in full on youtube no matter the content. And I see my mouse cursor and the show's player controls as well even on the blank screen recordings so I know blocking is only occurring on the material itself resulting in no images.

I tried OBS but there's still a blank screen when recording HULU and some network tv shows that I was trying to record before they expired on their websites. I only archive for personal use with no distribution whatsoever. Please help.

Last edited: