Question / Help Can't record audio from Premiere Pro

bishopds0258

I'm trying to make a screen record video for a friend to show him how to do some things in Premiere Pro. However, when I open Premiere Pro, OBS Studio doesn't record any sound at all, from "Desktop Audio" or from my headset. It works perfectly fine when Premiere isn't open. In fact, it doesn't even show any activity in the "Desktop Audio" sound bar when I have Premiere open. Is there any way to make it record audio, including what's playing in my Premiere window?

joltter

I know this is extremely late - but could you share your solution? Im in the exact situation: trying to record Premiere Pro sounds but cant seem to make it work.

What's the setting you changed?

joltter

I'm trying to make a screen record video for a friend to show him how to do some things in Premiere Pro. However, when I open Premiere Pro, OBS Studio doesn't record any sound at all, from "Desktop Audio" or from my headset. It works perfectly fine when Premiere isn't open. In fact, it doesn't even show any activity in the "Desktop Audio" sound bar when I have Premiere open. Is there any way to make it record audio, including what's playing in my Premiere window?

If anyone can help me solve the exact same issue as above, I will be forever grateful!

bishopds0258

I know this is extremely late - but could you share your solution? Im in the exact situation: trying to record Premiere Pro sounds but cant seem to make it work.

What's the setting you changed?
Best I can figure, it just has to do with the way the video is encoded. If you have a video that won’t play sound in premiere, use a program like Handbrake to convert it. Doesn’t really seem to matter what you convert it to, but after Handbrake, the sound works as normal.

joltter

Never mind guys, I figured it out. It was a Premiere setting, not OBS.
Thank you for the response! Was there a particular setting you changed inside PP as you mentioned in the above message?
I still cant even see any activity in the "Desktop Audio" sound bar inside OBS, just as you originally experienced.

All the files inside PP (the ones im trying to include in my recordings) play perfectly fine inside PP - nothing just goes through to OBS.