Question / Help Can't open

Jon Bird

I have downloaded the OBS software to my iMac but I can't open it so I can start doing anything. If you could tell me what I need to do so I can actually start creating stuff that would be helpful.

Jon Bird

Immediately after it installs. There is a window that pops up that says it is finished installing and it only gives me the option to close, and then when I do that there is nothing else that pops up or appears.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
So, if you type in OBS into Spotlight, does it show up there? Is it in your Applications?

Jon Bird

Nevermind I found it. It was in Launchpad. I do have another question though because I want to stream xbox how do I get my game onto OBS so that I can stream it?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The main problem you're going to have on Mac is that you don't have many options. BlackMagic cards are the most compatible with OBS on Mac, whereas cards like Elgato don't work directly with OBS on Mac, requiring you to do a display capture on the Elgato software.

Jon Bird

So seeing as how I just got my mac about a week ago would I have to get any other software to install in order for the Blackmagic capture card to work?