Question / Help can't mix audio sources? (OBS Basic)

k_huntington

so i am trying to do a picture in picture stream. device is a firewire grassvalley advc110, and my webcam which is a logitech c910. in studio, i can only get the camera to show up, it recognizes there is a dv recorder, but it can't show image.
if i use classic, i can get image from advc110 to show up, as well as my webcam, but the only audio sources are my webcam mic. it doesnt recognize the advc110 as having its own audio. :-/ i figured i wold get around it by just adding a 3rd source and useing the line in audio for that, but it seems if will only point to 1 audio source at a time, dictated by the audio source chosen in project settings. so i can only run the line in audio, or the webcam audio, but not both.

the thing is, i've done this before, i was able to mix both audio sources a year ago or whenever the last time i used it (again, OBS Basic) to have the webcam audio primary, and the advc110 audio as secondary, negative 25db. but it doesnt seem to want to work now. any help?

uploader doesnt seem tow ant to upload the log :-/

windows 10.

Attachments

• 2017-01-21-1238-19.log
    8.4 KB · Views: 4
  • log.log
    8.4 KB · Views: 1
  • log.log
    8.4 KB · Views: 1

k_huntington

i really enjoyed using this app because it was straigt forward and just worked. but now i either get audio mixed in one app, or both video channels in another app, but i can't seem to have both in the same app :(

Harold

Studio would probably work properly if you launched the 32-bit version. Get logs from your attempts with studio.

k_huntington

nope. it recognizes both of my firewire capture devices, but no picture associated with them. (i have a sony HDV tape deck with a/v passthrough, as well as the advc110)

Attachments

• studio_32_log.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 5

Harold

You probably need to manually specify the resolution framerate and picture format for the camera for it to work.

k_huntington

and clicking "configure video" does absolutely nothing. its odd that OBS Basic recognizes it and reads the device just fine, but studio wont

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 11

Harold

You need to specify a resolution supported by your device, and chances are you need to type the resolution into the box manually.

And it definitely looks like that device's drivers are extremely lacking in what they actually report.

k_huntington

ok i found if i boot into windows 7, i can atleast choose on basic to capture from Line In audio for video capture 2. only problem is its REALLY choppy. on preview it sounds great. once i start to record or stream it goes to junk. studio still wouldnt read video no matter what i did :(