Can't get audio to work in Windows 11

thomasdidymas

A storm crashed my computer (Win 10) that I had been using OBS. I bought a new computer that has Win 11, and installed OBS on it (latest version). I'm running a streaming device that goes into the USB port. OBS shows an audio signal from the video device, but in System Settings, the OBS app doesn't show any signal, and there is no audio output to the speakers. All other functions in the system produce sound, including Youtube videos. Am I missing a driver or codex for OBS? What's the issue?

thomasdidymas

A storm crashed my computer (Win 10) that I had been using OBS. I bought a new computer that has Win 11, and installed OBS on it (latest version). I'm running a streaming device that goes into the USB port. OBS shows an audio signal from the video device, but in System Settings, the OBS app doesn't show any signal, and there is no audio output to the speakers. All other functions in the system produce sound, including Youtube videos. Am I missing a driver or codex for OBS? What's the issue?
Ok, never mind. I found the problem. The audio mixer setting was set to monitor off by default. I set to "monitor and output" which fixed the problem. This same thing probably happened years ago with my old computer, but I forgot about it.