Question / Help Can't capture audio with Roxio

Rusticcheese

I've been reading threads on how to fix the audio with the Roxio but I can't get it to work. Is there something that I'm missing?

You'll need to share a bit more information than that like which Roxio you are using :-) The one key thing I found with my Roxio Game Capture HD was that to get it working at all I had to run the Roxio software first and then close it before starting OBS.

If that doesn't help please provide some more details about exactly what problem you are seeing. For instance do you see a level (green bar) shown for the Roxio device in the mixer under the preview window. Do you hear audio in stream but not in your recording - in this case try playing back using VLC.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Roxio is in a bad state currently due to the fact that it has multiple audio encoders on the device, and we have no access to their SDK to get it to switch the encoders.

The way we have to work around this currently is by doing the following:
1.) Close OBS if it's open
2.) Open roxio's software and get it fully displaying there for pretty much what may seem like no reason (to reset the encoder)
3.) Close roxio's software
4.) Open it with OBS and try again, it should now work. Usually.

Slightly annoying/frustrating, both on the user's part and on my part as a developer.

@Rusticcheese if you can see a level then it's likely we got the right Audio channels. Did you try playing the resultant video file with the VLC software? If you are using media players that ship with Windows you probably won't be able to hear audio even though it is actually in the file.