Question / Help Can't capture a game with Game Capture.

tehbasshunter

For the time being game capture is broken in Windows MP.

Best bet is to either use window capture or use other version of OBS.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Game capture isn't broken in OBS MP, where on earth did you get that idea?

Binding of Isaac can't be captured via game capture because it is not an OpenGL or DirectX game, so you'll have to use Window/Monitor capture.

tehbasshunter

Game capture doesn't wanna work at all for some reason and I'm using the latest version.

I've tried it with multiple games and it simply gives me a black screen where the source should show.

I've seen at least one other person saying the same thing.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Are you using any other overlay programs, like FRAPS, Razer Synapse, or something like that?

Also, are OBS and the game running at the same user level? (i.e. both as admim)

tehbasshunter

I do have synapse running but after closing it and a boatload of steps I managed to get the games captured properly. And yes I've tried running all as admin though there is a slight issue because CSGO doesn't have a proper exe for me to run as admin and minecraft launches from java.exe which I can't do the same thing to either.

Here's another log that shows some different issues with me trying to capture the game

I've just got 2 new issues though.

F2nmA8L.jpg

HBP8VYj.jpg

The top image is if I resize the source to where it fits properly.
The 2nd one is if I maximize the game. I have to have the game window at a specific resolution for it to properly fit.

Last edited:

PureLoneWolf

I can't help with Minecraft, but for a Steam game, run Steam as an Admin and any launched games will inherit the same permissions. Worked for me. I can now successfully use game capture after struggling for a few days. 64bit or 32bit doesn't seem to make any difference, but both the game and OBSMP need to be launched as admin for mine to work.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Well that's very interesting. I've never seen that before. I've tested and minecraft seems to work fine on my end. It seems as though it's reporting the wrong resolution to obs for some reason. Perhaps a DPI-related cause? Might want to try turning off DPI.

tehbasshunter

I actually went ahead and did both a reinstall and replacing my scenes from scratch. It seemed to solve whatever problem I was encountering.

RandomMind

can you help me try to solve this problem: the game capture doesn't detect among us edit: nvm i restarted obs and it works

Last edited: