Can't add scene in another scene (Failed to add source to scene due to infinite source recursion)

Streamia.gr

After successfully added a lot of scenes in other scenes, can't add any more either by "add" or "copy/pasting".

Looking into log file I' noticing this:
Failed to add source to scene due to infinite source recursion

I need bypass this issue but keeping my scenes because it is a complicated setup.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 2020-08-10 12-41-28.txt
    77.5 KB · Views: 71

koala

Make sure the scene you add as source doesn't contain a source that contains a scene that somewhere includes the scene you are adding the source to. Including nested.
To avoid this, and to help organizing your sources, consider creating groups instead of adding scenes as sources. If you use groups, you don't need to create dummy/intermediate scenes that are never used for broadcast but only for compositing your real scenes.

To migrate your dummy scenes to groups, visit every dummy scene and for every scene create a group that contains all sources of that scene. Then visit all scenes and replace all sources that refer to some scene with the group you just created for that scene.
Then remove the dummy scenes, since they are not referenced any more.
The groups survive, because you added them to your real scenes.
Whenever you change a group, the change is reflected in every scene this group is referenced. They take the place of your previous dummy scenes.

Last edited: