Question / Help Canon 70D + Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder

Rafael Mei

Greetings!

I've been having some issues with my setup and was wondering if you had any insight.

I'm trying to record gameplay videos, using an Elgato Gamecapture HD60 (I know, it's USB 2.0 and that brings some issues to the table by itself but hey that's what I've got), with a camera feed at the same time.

I'm using a Canon 70D camera with the HDMI output being captured by a Decklink Mini Recorder. So far so good. Thing is, the Decklink seems to only accept the camera input as 1080i 59.94 and the interlaced signal looks terrible in OBS, a lot of interlacing shows up on any sort of movement.

Weirdly enough in the Blackmagic software (Blackmagic Media Express) it looks fine, even though it's also taking the input as 1080i 59.94.

I don't think the camera is able to output 1080p but 720p would work for me, thing is I haven't been able to change that neither on the camera or the PC side, anyone knows how to do so?

I'm using the Magic Lantern firmware on the camera to take the overlays off and for other settings, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

PS.: I uploaded a screenshot of the interlacing issue, nevermind the overlays:

Capture.PNG