Cannot stream/record Final Fantasy V (Steam) unless I do Display Capture

Edliam

I seem to have stumbled unto an unfortunate bug with Final Fantasy V, Steam release.

Every time I try to stream or record it in OBS, it refuses. I have tried every capture mode, and it always shows a black screen. If I choose Window, it only shows a frozen frame of the window... and the OBS window mashed in the other. It only streams/records if it's set to capture all of the display.

But that is not what I want. I only want to stream the game. I've tinkered with almost all of the settings, and even changed the renderer from D3D to OpenGL, but no dice. It's only and only with this game: I tried with Metal Slug and Tomb Raider (original, Steam release) and they work perfectly.

I have been unable to generate a log or minidump file with this problem because OBS thinks there ISN'T a problem. It just won't let me stream Final Fantasy V. It's only this game, because the software works fantastic anyway. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I got a log file.

Attachments

• 2016-01-01 20-46-44.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 71

Edliam

Guess this isn't a common enough problem. Should I stream in display mode for the time being? I don't like to show my personal desktop in streams.

jonni0171

Guess this isn't a common enough problem. Should I stream in display mode for the time being? I don't like to show my personal desktop in streams.
It looks like the game capture is killing itself due to a Bad scaling of the game.. Did you tried Window capture?

jonni0171

Sorry for being dumb XD overseen your Part with the Window capture.
Yea, try to Monitor capture the game. If you dont like to show people your Desktop just simply hide the Desktop Icons with rightclicking on your Desktop, and choose the setting for it.