Cannot listen to desktop sound using iShowU

GatestheNoob

I'm using OBS Mac and I'm trying to record my desktop audio using iShowU
im not here report some issues but I'm here to ask if I can listen to my gaming sound but still record my desktop audio at the same time. Because I have to go to system preferences and change the output to iShowU but after that , my headphones can't hear the gaming sound. I played the recording and it recorded my desktop audio but while I'm gaming , I can't hear the sound . Is there a way to record my desktop audio and hear the desktop audio at the same time ?

my first language isn't English so if there's any Language issues just reply to this thread and I'll explain deeply again.
THX

This is just a guess since there is no detail about your setup and I never use IShowU
Look into creating a Multi Output Device that consist of IShowU and your built in output, this is something that is common when using Soundflower / Blackhole and I assume iShowU works the same way as those two. Then change the output of your Mac to that Multi Output Device instead of iShowU.

GatestheNoob

This is just a guess since there is no detail about your setup and I never use IShowU
Look into creating a Multi Output Device that consist of IShowU and your built in output, this is something that is common when using Soundflower / Blackhole and I assume iShowU works the same way as those two. Then change the output of your Mac to that Multi Output Device instead of iShowU.
That worked pretty well , thx

Champion234WBG

I’m using headphones is there another way?

The above way should still work if your headphone is plugged in to Mac's headphone output.
Or maybe your headphones is plugged in somewhere else ?