Bug Report Cannot create browser sources any more

nelok

I installed OBS Studio from the official PPA on my Mint system earlier this month and started to make myself familiar with it. I remember playing around with a browser source without problems, but when I wanted to use one again now, I noticed that the sources list does not contain "Browser" any more (see screenshot). Does anybody have an idea what goes wrong there and how I can fix it? (I already tried reinstalling, but that didn't change anything.)

Attachments

• 2020-04-15 13-06-36.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 8
  • sources.png
    sources.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 17

Redman276

I've noticed after yesterdays update that Browser Source is no longer available , kinda sucks cause 70% of my overlays were Browser Source from Streamlabs Widgets ..... Maybe we can beg in Feature Request to have it reinstated. JMHO.

Tuna

From Discord:

Note: The official OBS Studio ppa on Ubuntu is currently without the browser source, as it was causing crashes when interacting with GTK (such as opening the File chooser). We are looking for workarounds and alternatives.

Redman276

Ok, It had been stable on Linux Mint 19.3 Xfce up until the pushed update on 4-14-2020 .. will be standing by . Thanks for the Reply

nelok

I see – I even remembered there had been an update, so I looked at the change log on Github to see whether I missed something. Wouldn't it be useful to include such information there as well?

Gol D. Ace

The changelog for 25.0.4 contains now a note.

You can always compile OBS yourself and use the qt5ct workaround if you absolutely need the browser source until we found a fix.