Question / Help Cannon Camera Laging Behind Music

baseage

Hi all

I have a cannon camera that i am using as a webcam. I am geeting the image from the camera into OBS via Windows Capature.

Unfortantly when i am playing music, my hand movements are not in time with the music, they come after they should and not in time.

Any way of resolving this? I believe it is called Lag, but i am not sure.

Thanks in advance

Michael

carlmmii

Click on the gear icon in the mixer section of OBS, and select Advanced Audio Settings. Set the sync on your audio source to match the delay you have on your camera.

baseage

Do you mean in here?
sync.png

carlmmii

That's the one. If you're having audio happen earlier than your video, then change that to a positive value to delay the audio.

baseage

Thanks for that. I have tested that and there hasnt been a difference. I think the issue lays either with the camera or the eos utility so will look into that further. Are you using this a cannon camera for your stream? If so, how do u have it set up?

carlmmii

I am not, but I have several different video sources and audio sources that require their own separate syncs. My normal audio delay I have to add is 130ms to match my most delayed video source, with slower audio sources getting less delay.

Make sure you're not testing this using the audio monitoring -- the audio sync offset only applies to the final encoded output, so this only affects stream and recordings. Do test recordings to check your a/v sync, and adjust further if needed.