Can we have an option to allow screensavers?

Wisq

I recently decided to switch from using Nvidia's ShadowPlay to using OBS instead. I like to have some form of retroactive capture (i.e. replay buffer) running at all times, so I can catch whatever weird or fleeting things might happen while gaming. As such, I have OBS start up, and start the replay buffer, at login.

All of this was looking great, until I realised that my screensaver was never kicking in any more. I looked it up, and of course, I found the previous threads on the topic, stating that OBS disables the screensaver because it can't do its job if the screensaver takes the GPU away.

That's all fine, and I completely agree that "no screensaver" should be the default for people who are recording or streaming. But is it possible to have an option to allow it anyway, for those of us who just want a constantly-running replay buffer, and don't mind if there's gaps / jumps / blank periods in the output video when the screensaver kicks in? I'm looking at upgrading to an OLED TV as a monitor in the near future, and burn-in can be a big concern with those, so I was hoping to partially mitigate this with an aggressively short screensaver time, and I can't do that any more.

(Otherwise — working great! CPU encoding offers better video quality than ShadowPlay with a much smaller file size, and the multiple audio track support allows me to separate out all my various audio sources. Thanks!)