Can someone help me please

Dj barryo 83

I have assigned hot keys is obs for motion plugin and assigned the hotkey to my stream deck.. But the hotkeys will only activate when obs is open the minute I use another app and minimise obs the hotkeys will not work untill I open obs again... Any advice on how to use an active app (not obs) and be able to use the shortcuts for obs??

robin_pens

@Dj barryo 83 does the hot key combination you assigned to your keyboard still work when OBS is 'out of focus' i.e. you're focused on another app?

I have just purchased a Stream Deck and am experiencing the same issue. The default OBS 'actions' that you configure in the Stream Deck app (such as Scene select) work even if OBS is out of focus. But any custom Hot Keys configured in OBS and assigned to the Stream Deck only work once I've clicked on the OBS window, BUT, and this is the key perhaps - those keyboard shortcuts DO work, on my usual keyboard, even if OBS is not in focus.

Dj barryo 83

@Dj barryo 83 does the hot key combination you assigned to your keyboard still work when OBS is 'out of focus' i.e. you're focused on another app?

I have just purchased a Stream Deck and am experiencing the same issue. The default OBS 'actions' that you configure in the Stream Deck app (such as Scene select) work even if OBS is out of focus. But any custom Hot Keys configured in OBS and assigned to the Stream Deck only work once I've clicked on the OBS window, BUT, and this is the key perhaps - those keyboard shortcuts DO work, on my usual keyboard, even if OBS is not in focus.
Yes scenes and sources work via the hotkey but not the source filter