Question / Help Can OBS start stream to Youtube without clicking on "Go Live" in Youtube Studio?

Grayson73

Youtube has removed the "Creator Studio Classic" feature, which I believe stops OBS from streaming to Youtube without clicking on "Go Live" in Youtube Studio.

Currently, we're using a stream key obtained from Creator Studio Classic. From our tests, when using the new "Stream Dashboard" feature's stream keys in YT, you have to first "start streaming" from within OBS, then click "Go Live" from within the dashboard. It's that extra step that we're looking to avoid. Is it possible?

FerretBomb

That would be a question for YouTube. The 'Go Live' button is on their end, and has nothing to do with OBS... you're sending video, they just don't actually start sending it out until you hit Go Live on their site. This isn't something OBS can fix, as it's on YouTube's end entirely.

Grayson73

Someone replied but I don't know how to get to this menu. I've asked the poster.

1588166756356.png

FerretBomb

Looks like if you go to studio.youtube.com, then click the little ((o)) in the top-right, start a stream, you get this box on the 'waiting for streaming software to connect' page.
YT_Settings.png

Looks like what they're talking about.

potokomoraga

i think i've got the answer for this.. if you go directly to "go live" then into the tab stream.. the option will not appear.. i think because it thinks you are ready to start a new stream.. so for it to appear you need to go to the manage tab and press "SCHEDULE STREAM" then the auto start and auto stop stream will appear!