Question / Help Can my computer even do it?

Taffythecat

Hey. I'm having a mjor issue with trying to record a game with OPS. I'm recording Minecraft, and when i begin recording my FPS jumps down to maybe 5 or so. My setting are standard. I'm running a 2010 macbook, so the issues are already forseeable, but I've maxed out it's hard drive and memory so it should be good. I've been able to record smoothly in the past, but now it's lagging to hell. Any suggestions?

Taffythecat

There's nothing that says Log files in the Help menu (I'm running High Sierra). I googled it and it said I have to go to the diagnostics report folder, but upon going there all I found were crash reports for various apps of mine. Any idea where to go to get a log?

Narcogen

Needs to be a log that includes a streaming or recording session. Statistics aren't written during startup. Just open the app, stream or record, wait until you observe the performance problem, stop the session, then post the log.

Narcogen

It's struggling to do 720p20; the GPU is still overloaded. Hard drive and memory aren't really an issue here; the issue is the GPU. Three years ago there are forum posts telling people that GPU is too old to use for OBS. I think you're at your limit on that hardware. Try dropping resolution to 480p.

Taffythecat

I brought it down to "high" quality, which I think is 480, and while it is a little choppy, it's fairly smooth in general and about 10 times more viewable than before. Thanks for your help.