Question / Help Can I stream from multiple locations simultaneously?

JLinham

Hi, I am a new user and looking for a specific solution to the following situation. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I have not seen it in my searches.

I work for a theatre (currently closed due to lockdown). We want to create a show online with a number of pre-recorded videos and hopefully a presenter/MC joining remotely. I can work out the things I need to do from my end but I cannot see if there is a way to access a remote camera, probably over the internet as a source. Is this even possible using OBS? The system seems to do everything else I need to do but this one issue could de-rail the project.

I realise that I could pre-record the presenter segments but it would be great if they could interact with live viewers commenting on our Facebook page where we would host the event.

If anyone has any experience of this that they can share it would be greatly appreciated, or if you can point me at another thread where this is already answered that would be fantastic.

Many thanks in advance
James

Attachments

• 2020-04-17 13-47-50.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 47

delithralas

Hi @JLinham.

I can do that.
I.e use "Yawcam" and pull the videofeed from YawCam on your Presenters PC into a browser source.
Or you can have your presenter stream his signal to an RTMP server. You then pull that RTMP feed into OBS using a browser source.

You can checkout Yawcam here:

Again, you have to have your presenter stream his/hers signal and then you use your Browser source to pull that feed :-)

JLinham

Hi @JLinham.

I can do that.
I.e use "Yawcam" and pull the videofeed from YawCam on your Presenters PC into a browser source.
Or you can have your presenter stream his signal to an RTMP server. You then pull that RTMP feed into OBS using a browser source.

You can checkout Yawcam here:

Again, you have to have your presenter stream his/hers signal and then you use your Browser source to pull that feed :-)
Thanks I will investigate this option