Question / Help Can I create audio source from ip camera?

Mogotz

Want to add audio from ip cam 2 to ip cams 1 & 3 scenes (Sort of like making cam 2 "Solo"). How do you make an audio source from a camera? Would like to feed house audio from board into cam 2's line in and use it on all 3 cams.

Narcogen

If it's an IP cam, I don't think you can, really.

Best I can think of is to add it normally and then just position the video source out of frame.

Mogotz

Thanks Narcogen, You're saying put two sources for scene 1 (cams 1 & 2), and 2 sources for scene 3 (cams 3 & 2), then PIP them, but with with cam 2 moved out of frames... sounds good to me, I'll give it a try. Any idea what that will do to my CPU loading?

Narcogen

Not much, I don't think. Because it's out of frame, the video won't need to be encoded. It will probably be rendered even if it's outside the canvas (I think?) but that would be loading your GPU and not your CPU.

Mogotz

Mixed success, thanks... I got the audio that I need from cam 2 to play on cams 1 & 3. After re-syncing video using the render delay, everything was great for a moment, then my sources started "freezing"; not all at once, but sequentially an over a period of one minute all three sources were frozen. Opening the sources and clicking on OK brought them back. I continue to have this problem.
Log file during freezes is: https://obsproject.com/logs/HY7acX1R5Z0Pfyfu (uploaded)
(Using 23.2.1 because of B3B11 error on version 24)
Help (again)

Narcogen

You might want to use VLC as the client for your sources and then use VLC sources in OBS, or even window capture. I know others have complained about IP sources in OBS freezing or pausing and not restarting without intervention.