Can anyone help me?

LordKwad

So I have an i7 4790.
GPU is sapphire RX570 8GB.
16GB ram.
windows 10 latest version.
anyway I've notice when using OBS or slobs on any settings my stream kind of jumps like it's skipping grams but I have no errors in OBS or slobs to say the encoding is to high

Strangely then I used an i5 4690k it was smoother but the quality was crap. No with the i7 the quality is smoother but the stream seems jumpy and laggy.
I always use a wired ethernet connection.

Any help to get a half decent stream would be great..
I've also tried every possible setting combination from YouTube and Google.
I even went out and got a second pc with capture card to get better streams but slobs and OBS nfreeze while using the capture card.
I don't think I was born to stream :(
Cheers

carlmmii

For starters, run OBS as admin. This will give OBS the necessary GPU prioritization to help avoid rendering lag.

According to the logs, there's very little frames lost to rendering/encoding, and no dropped frames. This makes me suspect something on facebook's end.

Try doing a local recording with the "use stream encoder" option selected, and see if you have the same issue playing back locally. Make sure to use VLC for playback (the Movies & TV app does not play back video correctly).

LordKwad

For starters, run OBS as admin. This will give OBS the necessary GPU prioritization to help avoid rendering lag.

According to the logs, there's very little frames lost to rendering/encoding, and no dropped frames. This makes me suspect something on facebook's end.

Try doing a local recording with the "use stream encoder" option selected, and see if you have the same issue playing back locally. Make sure to use VLC for playback (the Movies & TV app does not play back video correctly).
Cheers I will give it a try, I think the problem could of been more from streamlabs as I tried on OBS and I don't see the same issue.
Do I have to Facebook open the while time while I stream as with streamlabs k can stream without even opening Facebook but if I try that with OBS it says the stream key is invalid.

Make sure your Base resolution is also 1280x720. Even those the stream outputs 720, your CPU is still rendering everything at 1080 which does can cause lag. You'll have to readjust your scenes but you will notice a significant difference

LordKwad

Make sure your Base resolution is also 1280x720. Even those the stream outputs 720, your CPU is still rendering everything at 1080 which does can cause lag. You'll have to readjust your scenes but you will notice a significant difference
I will give that a try thanks. Would I change that in windows display settings?

I will give that a try thanks. Would I change that in windows display settings?
No just the capture card, but putting your PC in Performance mode can help too. Search Advanced System Settings, click on Settings in the Performance box and then Adjust for best performance and apply

LordKwad

No just the capture card, but putting your PC in Performance mode can help too. Search Advanced System Settings, click on Settings in the Performance box and then Adjust for best performance and apply
I've got my base canvas set to 720p but I'm not actually using a capture card on this pc. Seems worse now as now my God has dropped down to 30 or 40fps

does your other monitor go up to 1080? Make sure you're also running obs as admin and try changing the encoder to veryfast. Also maybe disabling the transparency effects of windows. I heard that alleviated some issues in the past with similar issues Settings>Personalize>Colors

LordKwad

does your other monitor go up to 1080? Make sure you're also running obs as admin and try changing the encoder to veryfast. Also maybe disabling the transparency effects of windows. I heard that alleviated some issues in the past with similar issues Settings>Personalize>Colors
My main monitor is 1080, my second monitor is 1600x900, I did have that stuff turned off but I had to instal windows fresh so will change all the bells and whistles again.

LordKwad

ok are you using the othe pc you said you got?
If I stream from my gaming pc my FPS drops way to low to be able to play, if I stream from the second pc then some times it works, and gives pretty Decent 720p but then other days it can glitch and lag. I am still testing the second pc to try and get the best settings and have it actually pick up the capture card every time.

LordKwad

Whats your specs for your othe PC, and what card?
AMD A10 7850k
With 8GB ram
Windows 10 latest.
MSI gaming motherboard.
Probably not the best to use for dedicated streaming but the only issues is that steam labs and OBS don't always recognise the card is there when choosing capture card. It's always a black screen.