Question / Help Camera Frame Rate Issues

Awnykarta

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this.

For some reason camera is soooo damn blurry (as in motion blur) and I don't know how to fix it.
Here is the camera I use.
I have also attached my most recent log file.

Attachments

• 2020-04-15 19-32-49.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

carlmmii

I have never used this camera, so take this completely as "general advice". But, high motion blur is the result of a long exposure time. You will need to lower your exposure time, but this also results in lowering the overall brightness of the image -- this can be compensated to a point by gain (which is digital filtering after-the-fact), but there is a point where low-light grain noise becomes apparent.

General tips
- Set a manual exposure based on the motion blur/framerate that is acceptible
- Get enough light on you so that the webcam picks you up with proper levels
- Apply gain/color correction for tweaking

Some webcams do not play nicely with setting a manual exposure (I'm looking at you, Logitech). If this is the case, then you'll just need more light to force the webcam to use a faster exposure.

Awnykarta

I have never used this camera, so take this completely as "general advice". But, high motion blur is the result of a long exposure time. You will need to lower your exposure time, but this also results in lowering the overall brightness of the image -- this can be compensated to a point by gain (which is digital filtering after-the-fact), but there is a point where low-light grain noise becomes apparent.

General tips
- Set a manual exposure based on the motion blur/framerate that is acceptible
- Get enough light on you so that the webcam picks you up with proper levels
- Apply gain/color correction for tweaking

Some webcams do not play nicely with setting a manual exposure (I'm looking at you, Logitech). If this is the case, then you'll just need more light to force the webcam to use a faster exposure.
Honestly with this mic/webcam I don't think I can adjust setting on it. There was no program for it. It was just plug in and start using, but maybe I should look around to see if maybe I just missed it.

carlmmii

Doesn't appear that it does. So, UVC controls are your only method of control (which also means you will need to set these after every restart).

The big ones that I've become accustomed to setting every time, in order:
- Set Whitebalance
- Disable Autofocus (turn this off, unless you absolutely need it)
- Disable Low Light exposure (if this is checked, this should be a dramatic improvement)
- (if necessary) Disable auto-exposure, and set to appropriate value

Awnykarta

Doesn't appear that it does. So, UVC controls are your only method of control (which also means you will need to set these after every restart).

The big ones that I've become accustomed to setting every time, in order:
- Set Whitebalance
- Disable Autofocus (turn this off, unless you absolutely need it)
- Disable Low Light exposure (if this is checked, this should be a dramatic improvement)
- (if necessary) Disable auto-exposure, and set to appropriate value
I mean honestly at this point I just it's just the camera itself. Wish you could upload little clips on here so you can see what I am talking about. But I barely move my hand or head and the motion blur is insane no matter what I do to the OBS settings.

FerretBomb

Disabling low-light and auto-exposure, and using a LOT of light may help. But yes, there are some cameras (especially the cheap ones) that are just garbage, and aren't fixable.

In this case, it might be worth contacting the Turret product support people, and asking about it. They know their hardware much better than any of us do, and are certainly more than familiar with making it work well in OBS.