Question / Help BUILT IN MICROPHONE + EXTERNAL LOGITECH CAMERA ISSUE

Baphomet_Ground

I am not sure why, but both built in and external camera and microphone in OBS Studio is not working properly, my voice is distorted into a loud long echoing ringing ZZZZZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZZ beep sound. It sounds like to me, It's OBS studio not co operating with my built in microphone or even the external one I plug into the macbook air laptop.

Do you know anything to fix this. is it OBS or my laptop or both?

Baphomet_Ground

If I don't reply immediately, I'm asleep in bed in North America at night hour and or morning or during day. but I'll reply when I come back to check here for anything.

Narcogen

That's feedback. Your microphone is either being sent out through a device like loudspeakers that your microphone can hear, or else the OBS audio monitor is set to send output from your microphone to a device you are capturing.

Check what audio devices are enabled in settings > audio, check what audio monitor device is being used in settings > advanced, check which audio sources are being set to monitor & output in edit > advanced audio properties.

If necessary, disable all devices in settings > audio and instead add your audio sources individually to your scenes to make sure you have no duplicates.

Baphomet_Ground

Screenshot 2019-02-04 19.10.35.png

Screenshot 2019-02-04 19.14.38.png

Screenshot 2019-02-04 19.15.25.png

Screenshot 2019-02-04 19.11.04.png

Screenshot 2019-02-04 19.11.23.png

I disabled all audio devices while still trying figure out how to fix the issue. I had it where I could hear my voice in audio coming from tv speakers when I once use to use a mac mini playing around trying out filters adding scenes, and of course doing experiment or test stuff with audio and mic and heard my voice perfectly fine without needing to record a video for a test to see if the mic and audio is doing perfect or not, but then on Macbook Air 2017 laptop, there was and is a big difference, I can't hear my voice and so forth like I was able to when OBS was used on Mac Mini plugged into hd tv.

Last edited:

Narcogen

You are looping your audio by capturing it in OBS and then sending it to the Default device. In Settings > Advanced you have "Audio Monitoring Device" set to "default". You need to either choose another device if you have one, or go to Edit > Advanced Audio Properties and set your Audio Input Capture to the "Output Only" setting instead of "Monitor and Output".